Sunday, June 16, 2013

meet the dads

I thought it would be fun to do an ol' twist on the traditional father's day post.  First of all, I love my dad.  He's one of the best people I know.  And of course, I'm pretty lucky to have this man as the father of my children.  Now on to the good stuff.

They say you will marry someone like your dad.  I certainly wasn't shopping for a husband with a master list of dad-like qualities in my back pocket.  But it is seriously crazy how much Jeffree and my dad have in common. 

Jeffree and my dad both measure in at 6'3".  Both of them weighed about the same when they got married (around 150-155 lbs). 

They are both teachers by profession.  My dad taught math for 30+ years.  The hubs teaches elementary school.  Both are great teachers.

My dad is deaf in one ear.  My husband is also deaf in one ear.  True story.  My dad was injured when swimming when he was younger and is now deaf in his left ear.  Jeffree lost hearing in his right ear when he was about 10 or 11, due to some serious infections.  He had surgery to remove the infection, and was left with about 40% hearing in that ear.  I'm pretty sure it's gotten worse since then.  Take note, I always sit to Jeffree's left so that he can hear me. 

Both my dad and Jeffree are super funny.  I seriously laugh at almost everything they say.  My dad is probably the most clever, witty person I know.  Jeff's not far behind him.

Their favorite candy bar is Reeces. 

They both give really great hugs. 


I love them both.  Happy Dad's day!

1 comment:

  1. I think dad's ear was from infection too. :) You do have the best dad, I have to agree :) He is a pretty swell guy. In fact, I love your dad as much as you do! :) I'm glad you got such a great guy to be the dad of your children too

    ReplyDelete