Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
I wore one almost every day during the winter in high school. I felt so cozy and so skinny in something that was clearly a few sizes too big. One summer when I was home working, after my boyfriend broke up with me, one of the sisters in my ward told me to go buy a new sweater and cuddle with it – sweaters are much more faithful. I took her advice to heart. :)
So the other day, while Jeffree was out and I was tidying the apartment, I felt the need to don an over-sized sweatshirt. As life would have it, an over-sized sweatshirt is hard to come by when you’re 8 months pregnant. I put on one of Jeffree’s sweaters, which couldn’t even be classified as huge on me. The sleeves were too long, though, which did bring somewhat of the feeling I was hoping for. No, I didn’t feel skinny. And it certainly wasn’t the coziest of sweaters. But it was slightly too big for me, so I basked in the experience.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
We are excited to welcome our little angel into the home, but it’s still not quite real. I almost think it’s less real to me than when we first found out we were pregnant. I’ve been walking around with a little extra in the front for so long that I’m starting to wonder if it is a permanent attachment.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Writing poetry was the main event, but here's the catch: Each of us chose 4 words that the other person had to use in their poem, and the poem would be 8 lines long. You can change the amount of words or lines, depending on your style.
It was pretty hilarious. I thought I chose pretty good words for Jeffree. He had to include giggle, crust, ice, and eyes. He wasn't so nice to me. How many poems have you ever stumbled across that use even one, let alone all four of these words: meridian, plump, orbit, and indentured. Indentured? Really.
I'll spare you from having to read the poems. Just rest assured that I did a pretty good job with what I was given to work with.
Have a beautiful weekend.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Though there are millions more, I thought I would tell you twenty-seven reasons I love you (and therefore, 27 reasons you should have a beautiful day).
1. You are too silly
2. You love to laugh almost as much as I do
3. The songs you write for me make me smile
4. Holding my hand is your favorite thing in the world
5. Dancing during the credits of every movie… if the movie wasn’t good, at least I know the dancing will be entertaining
6. The number of times I hit the snooze button is never mentioned
7. Sometimes you buy me ice cream
8. I enjoy the most delicious lunches, thanks to you
9. You sit with me when I’m getting ready for bed
10. You think I’m the cutest pregnant lady you’ve ever seen
11. The dishes are always done
12. You wear cologne every time we go to a movie
13. The way you look when you are asleep
14. You think I’m funny
15. The way your tongue hangs out when you imitate someone
16. Love notes
17. The most creative/enjoyable date nights
18. You hold me when I cry
19. You still ask me to marry you
20. Listening to you giggle
21. How you love getting your back tickled
22. When I ask what I can do for you, you tell me to get a good night’s sleep, no matter what time of day it is
23. Your kisses
24. I can hear the way you walk
25. C’mon loR
26. Even though she’s not here yet, you’re already the best Daddy in the world
27. You are forever mine
Happy Birthday, Jeffree Dean. I love you, you know.