Wednesday, May 11, 2011

maybe i should keep this to myself


I am an official member of the mom club. That's right - today e and I ventured out with other neighborhood moms and took over Kiwi Loco. Nothing like a little frozen yogurt to help our children bond. e was an angel and slept/spit up the whole time we were gone. The excursion left me a touch exhausted, but was well worth the effort for our girls' day out.

I may or may not have been wearing sweats and a t-shirt. I may or may not have worn the exact same "outfit" yesterday, and might possibly have slept in said outfit last night because I was too tired to change. But hey, that's what being a mom is all about, right?

Sometimes I think, maybe I'll put make-up on tomorrow or curl my hair. But then I realize that I'd rather sleep when I have the chance. I'm certain Jeffree would rather have a cheerful wife than a pretty wife. And he'll tell me I'm beautiful anyway. Perhaps someday I'll be the cutesy mom that looks nice and has perfect children and packs her husband's lunch in the morning. But for now, I'm pretty content with the fact that I folded half the laundry today... quite the accomplishment.

p.s. the weather is gorgeous! pinch me!


3 comments:

  1. Oh Lori! I love this post. I'm always hard on myself for not being that "perfect" mom, but you have a great outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby is BEAUTIFUL!!!! aww! ....and dont worry I know exactly what you are talking about, we ALL do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You're great and I too am impressed that you were able to fold half the laundry... good work girl!

    ReplyDelete