Saturday, October 9, 2010

I’m going there someday

There’s such a beautiful feeling when you walk in. The feeling of coming home. The feeling of being where you’re supposed to be. The feeling of being worthy. The feeling of loving God and feeling His love for you. I love the feelings I have when I go to the Temple.

When Jeffree and I were engaged, we set the goal of attending the Temple weekly as a married couple. Enormous blessings have come from that simple sacrifice of our time. We missed a week because I was sick, and going back the next week reminded me of how my soul yearns to be in the Lord’s house.

One of our friends was a Temple worker and suggested that we volunteer as well. Some of our plans for the immediate future weren't quite coming to fruition. I thought just maybe that was because Heavenly Father wanted us to have the opportunity to serve in His house.


In June we began our service as ordinance workers and a tremendous outpouring of blessings has come. Our marriage, which was already amazing, became infinitely better. My understanding of the Temple ordinances increased drastically as I worked to memorize the ordinances. I found myself pondering on the Temple and things of eternity more throughout the week, not just when we were in the Temple.

Today I feel so grateful for the opportunity to serve God in His holy House. I am grateful for the restored gospel on the earth, in it’s fullness. I am grateful for the saving ordinances I have received, and for the privilege in helping so many others partake of those sacred covenants. I am grateful for the people I've met and the beautiful smiles I see from others who come to serve. I am thankful for the order, beauty, peace, and hope found in the Temple.

I love to see the Temple.

3 comments:

  1. Lori, I LOVE this post! I absolutely love the temple as well. I've always wanted to be a temple worker, I think that would be amazing. If only we lived closer. I'm grateful to hear your testimony on temples, it strengthens mine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE U...AND I LOVE THIS POST. ADAM AND I JUST WENT TO THE TEMPLE AND HAD A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. THANKS FOR POSTING THIS...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so great. i mean that. thank you so much for being my friend and for being such an incredible person. please dont change.

    ReplyDelete