Wednesday, October 13, 2010

And wait for the dawn

I know what you’re thinking. “Wow! 20 days of thanks. She only posts every week (or less). It’s gonna take months before we’re done with this blogging theme.”

That’s what I’ve thought, too.

Today I am grateful to just be with Jeffree. Like, physically in his presence. I watched parts of the Chile miner rescue today. I won’t lie and say I didn’t cry when I saw couples embrace each other and cry. They clung to each other so tightly, so gratefully. I made sure to hold extra tight to my Jeffree today.

Can you imagine? 69 days trapped underground with limited oxygen, food, and water. Not to mention the pure confinement. Not knowing if you’ll see your family again. Not knowing if you’ll get to see your children or even meet your newborn child.


I’m so grateful to have Jeffree in my arms. I’m also grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who strengthened those trapped men and their families. I’m grateful for everyone involved in the rescue process. It was inspiring to watch. I’m grateful for a political leader who openly expressed thanks to God for preserving those men. What a touching thing to witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment