Monday, November 11, 2013

Ironmom

In October, I completed an Ironman over the course of the month.  I wanted a goal that would push me harder than I normally push myself.  It seemed like the perfect goal and I LOVED it!  I had so much fun and feel so great. 

Of course, it wasn't all fun and games.  There were days I was so exhausted that I had zero desire to exercise.  There were days when my baby woke up every time I got going.  There were headache days.  There were days when Jeffree and I wouldn't get to spend time together until 9:00 p.m. because he'd get home from work, then I'd exercise, then he'd exercise, then he'd have class or I'd have young women, etc.  But there were awesome days.  Days when I was in awe that I accomplished as much as I did.  Days when my body felt strong and I felt amazing. 

Jeffree was so wonderful to support me.  I know it was a pretty big sacrifice, especially when he is working on his Masters degree on top of his full time job.  And even though it was hard to be apart so much, it made our time together sweeter.  He even made me a medal and a poster while I was out on my final run.





It feels amazing to have accomplished such a big goal.  I am so grateful for a healthy body that can do amazing things. 

2 comments:

  1. wow Lori, so great. So you did the bike, swim and run of an Ironman all in a month? Such an awesome accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete