Friday, August 31, 2012

a little love

I was searching for something in my email and I came across this beauty.  Here is a little story to grace your Friday.


Yes, that is a FAKE wedding announcement.  read on. 

Jeffree and I were at an institute dance only 3 days after our first date.  Jeff had a friend coming through town and thought it would be pretty funny for us to pretend we had just gotten engaged.  We borrowed a ring from his mother and sat out on his front porch, waiting for his friend to arrive.

We gave the performance of a lifetime.  We totally nailed it, right down to all the cliche phrases ("when you know, you know").  Jeff's friend, along with his traveling buddies, totally ate it up.  We had them completely convinced.  I remember that night as he drove me home, I told him, "I enjoyed being engaged to you."  The best part?  He wouldn't even let me hold his hand.  I tried to convince him it would be impossible to pull it off if we didn't touch each other.  He finally consented to my putting my hand through the crook of his arm.

A couple of days later we had these photos taken and Jeff's brother made our fake announcement, just to relive the glory.  Yes, it does say we are registered at pizza factory and D.I.  No, one cannot actually register at D.I.  Jeff checked.  I'm not sure about pizza factory.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I remember this story!!! Great semester! Love you Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! I have never heard it. I saw that and thought it must be real until I saw the registered at DI part. I was like seriously?? That's desperate. Lol!! Thanks for making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete