Monday, January 17, 2011

I used to think one day...

The other day, I decided to be satisfied. I think I’ll make that my word to live by this year. Satisfied with only one small portion of dessert. Satisfied with a big hug and kiss from my honey. Satisfied with my job. Satisfied with my hair. Satisfied with my own handwriting on our mirror. Satisfied with how much sleep I got. Simply satisfied.



Sometimes when I have a great thing, I want more. I found myself wondering why I couldn’t just be satisfied with all that I do have. So I decided my new take on life will be to choose satisfaction… and it’s made a world of difference. I find myself doing things I know will help me feel satisfied.



Lately the thing that I find most satisfying is just being silly with Jeffree. When he wraps his arms around me I feel so much better, no matter how bad of a day I’ve had. When he tells me I look pregnant and makes sure to clarify that he thinks it’s cute, I can’t help but smile. When he dances during the credits of a movie I giggle, thinking that he’ll be doing the same thing when we’re in our 90’s. Sunday morning I woke up before him, which is rare. I lay there looking at the way his lips were relaxed and thought how lucky I am. I couldn’t be more satisfied.

1 comment:

  1. Helloo he should say your cute when pregnant, you're totally the cutest pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete