Sunday, September 6, 2009

Jeff's first day of school

My (Jeff) first day of school was exciting and intense (note: it was not in-tents, it was in-building). Luckily, I didn't have enough time or energy to be very nervous. The students were pretty good and I was able to establish most of my routines and even enjoy and little guitar playing. They loved meeting my guitar named "Gi-tar" (said with a country accent). I made sure they wouldn't make fun of him because he was green. I briefed them about this and told them he wouldn't come out unless they were nice to him. I finally brought him out and there were an impressive amount of comments like, "Wow, it's green. That is different and neat." I chuckled. But their favorite thing was (and continues to be) "Shirley Studios." Lori and made a clapper (film thing, "and action") for one of our dates that is used as the starting of different improv activities. They are good little actors and just love it. I have a great class this year. I have 21 students that all keep me on my toes.

This is Jeff on his first day of school (attention: reenactment)

No comments:

Post a Comment