Wednesday, June 6, 2012

health journal

I've never been one to obsess about my weight.  In fact, I avoided actually looking at a scale for a few years.  Not because I was scared of what I weighed, but the number wasn't important to me.  It wasn't until right before I was preg with little e that I paid attention to the numbers.

It was a few months after e's birth that I started training for a half marathon and finally went to the doctor for fatigue.  I hadn't weighed myself since I was preg, so when I stepped on that scale in the doctor's office I took a look at the number.  And I cried.

[Don't worry - this isn't a sob story.  It's actually a really good story, so stick with me.]  

I cried for the first time ever about how much I weighed.  Little e was 8 months old and I weighed only 4 lbs less than when I was 9 months preg.  I felt pretty pathetic.

I've made some changes in my life and I've learned a lot since then.  I've gotten a lot of comments lately (not always about how I look - sometimes about other choices I make) and I want to share it all with you.












Join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment