Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you know?

Without the internet in our apartment, my blogging has certainly become rarer. But we are kind of enjoying our sojourn back to medieval times of no internet.

Baby Shirley is healthy and well, as far as we know. Baby reminds won’t let us forget about him/her and will cause quite the uproar sometimes. But I am doing well, and we feel extremely blessed.

Baby is 18 weeks and has an estimated arrival date of April 20th. I suspect baby is so excited to meet Daddy that he/she will come early. Maybe the 19th.

Baby might feel bad, because sometimes we call Baby “it”. It seems to take a lot of effort to say he/she all the time. On Monday we will no longer refer to Baby as “it,” however. That’s right! Monday we find out if little Baby Shirley is a boy or girl. But first, we want to know what you think. Here are some stats:

Jeffree’s oldest sibling is a girl.

My six oldest siblings are boys.

Of my siblings who have children, 5/6 had boys first. Jeffree’s siblings’ firsts are a 3:4 ratio, girls to boys.

My classes voted 66 boy and 44 girl, but most people I’ve asked say girl.


As far as where I'm carrying, etc, I really have no idea. I can't feel the baby yet, and I haven't noticed anything weird about my body. So, your guess is as good as mine :)

So, dear blog friends, what will it be?

8 comments:

  1. I think you guys are having a girl for sure! :) I'm just so happy for you guys. Glad you're feeling well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhhmmmm......maybe you are having both.

    love you, miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are going to have a girl!!! Congrats by the way!!!! We are excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say boy! Maybe cause that is all I seem to be having!! They are lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think girl. For no particular reason, I just think that. Of course most people including the chinese calendar were wrong with Kelson... they all thought girl. Either way, you will make splendid mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say girl, I don't speak for Dave though, he may say something else

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is dave, frisbee, definitely frisbee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say BOY! :) I'm so excited for you guys! I'm due in June so maybe our babies can play together someday. Or be best friends. or get married....

    ReplyDelete